Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Stretching the Buck



Since I've had my baby I went from working full-time to part-time. I'm definitely happy that I've decided to spend more of my time with her at home but the bank account isn't so happy. It's been a stretch adjusting to our new paycheck so I decided to challenge myself. I'm giving myself a $20 a week allowance! My husband was both shocked and happy to hear this idea especially since it came from my lips. So my weekly challenge will be what GREAT finds can I buy with $20 or what GREAT craft or project can I create with only $20? I first heard this concept on a fellow blogger's site, That's So Cuegly. If you've never visited her blog you should! She has so many creative ideas and as a stay at home mom she challenges herself to do the same.

So far this week I've spent $9.14....and no I'm not done shopping. I went to Walmart and didn't find everything I needed so hopefully I'll get a chance to hit another store before the week is over. I have two ideas brewing in my head so we'll see what the end of the week brings me! Here's a sneak peek of what I've already purchased. Wish me luck!

Burlap $.74, Gold Material $1.60 & Black Tule $.56

1 Square Piece of red felt also pictured in background

Ignore the highlighted portion...it was a friend's birthday gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment